Cresco Building Service, Inc., an independent business, provides general contracting and construction management services primarily throughout the Tri-State area. At the present time, our company travels in a ninety-mile radius from our office in Cresco, Iowa. Cresco Building Service is a fully insured, licensed and bonded company.
Cresco Building Service was incorporated in 1985. There are currently eighteen persons in the Company, which includes fifteen persons in the field and three office personnel. All of the company stockholders have an active role in the company. Their positions with the company are as follows:
• David Bourassa
• Matthew Brace
• Jason Henry
|Vice President/Project Superintendent|
• Jeffrey Wemark
|Vice President/Project Superintendent|
• Thomas Barnes
|First Vice President/Sales/Estimator/Project Manager|
|Key Personnel also include:|
• Teresa McGee
|Business Manager/Safety Coordinator|
Cresco Building Service has excellent, dedicated personnel working in the field, which will allow the Company to grow and be profitable. Our employees have a wide range of expertise, giving us a great deal of flexibility in assigning work crews.
Active owners and all personnel work for an hourly wage. Currently, the Company offers many benefits including health insurance and a retirement plan, as well as following all federal and state guidelines. New employees are asked to read a copy of the company handbook and sign an acknowledgement of both the handbook and the drug free workplace policy. Management meets with each employee on a least a yearly basis for the purpose of evaluation. As per policy and to maintain a drug free work environment, either unannounced or reasonable suspicion drug or alcohol testing may be performed.
A detailed safety program is in place, as directed by the company's Safety Coordinator. As a part of the company's safety program, our company has regular safety meetings, and our Safety Coordinator makes unannouned visits to our various job-sites. In addition, CBS seeks out information from Iowa Workforce Development, specifically their OSHA Consultation and Education division. Jobsite visits are then scheduled, at which time our safety procedures are analyzed and critiqued. CBS feels this is an important part of our business as it promotes job safety to our employees and our clients. Safety awareness is a vital part of our business, and a good safety policy means less job related injuries, more productivity, and reduces company insurance costs.
Since 1985, CBS has been an authorized dealer for Varco Pruden Buildings. Approximately 30% of the Company's annual revenue comes from pre-engineered building construction. According to the Metal Building Manufacturing Association, CBS had 56% of the market share in our area in 2006.
Although CBS has a management team with many years of experience in running a small business, our team of professional support outside the Company is called upon as needed. Their names, titles and affiliations are as follows:
- Gary Kelm, Vice President, C US Bank, Cresco, IA
- Donna Thomas, President, Cresco Bank & Trust, Cresco, IA
- Ken Keune, CPA, Hacker, Nelson & Company, P.C., Decorah, IA
- Todd Kowalke, Attorney, Kowalke Law Office, Cresco, IA
- Ty Burke, Tony Pollastrini, Insurance Agents, The Accel Group, Waverly, IA
- Ty Burke, Bonding Agent, The Accel Group, Waverly, IA
- C US Bank, 111 North Elm Steet, Cresco, IA 52136
- Scott Thomson, President, 800-397-9964
- Cresco Bank & Trust, 126 2nd Avenue SE, Cresco, IA 52136
- Donna Thomas, President, 563-547-2244
- The Accel Group, 300 E Bremer Ave, Waverly, IA 50677
- Ty Burke, Bonding Agent, Risk Management Specialist, 319-352-2880
- AHTS Architects, 327 East 4th Street, Suite 204, Waterloo, IA 50703
- Duane Svoboda, AIA, 319-233-1163
- Martin Gardner Architecture, 11502 390th Street, Strawberry Point, IA 52076
- David Martin, AIA, 563-933-4712
- Skott and Anderson Architects, 2800 4th Street SW, Suite 6, Mason City, IA 50401
- Craig Skott, AIA, 641-424-8689
- TSP Six, Inc., 306 South 17th Avenue, Marshalltown, IA 50158
- Dave Schultz, AIA, 641-752-3930